- Act in the best interests of the NPA by having strategic responsibility
- Maintain and promote the profile of the NPA
- Act as a spokesman for the NPA
- Ensure representation of the NPA on National Advisory groups and other forums as appropriate.
- Liaise with all Board members in the roles of individual responsibility or sub-committee members to ensure the work of the NPA is being carried out in accordance with planned objectives.
- Produce an Annual Report that details successfully attained objectives and future initiatives.
- Support the Chairperson in all the above functions
- Deputise for the Chairperson as deemed necessary
- Act as a point of contact for all new Trustees
- Keeping an overview of the financial affairs of the NPA.
- Preparing accounts and reports in accordance with current legislation.
- Preparing budgets and presenting implications for forward planning.
Chair of Training
- Oversee the development of the Portage Curriculum and support Tutors, Trainers and Trainee Trainers in meeting the NPA standards and procedures for delivery of training.
- Encourage new and develop existing training initiatives.
- Offer advice on issues raised by registered services or individuals regarding training. Maintain a register of accredited Trainers and Trainee Trainers in partnership with office staff
- Oversee, review and develop the level 3 qualification in accordance with NPA training initiatives.
- Liaise with Treasurer regarding training budget and income generation.
- Present the views and opinions of Portage members from the region at Board meetings
- Disseminate information to the region on the work of the Board
- Provide a contact point for the NPA and disseminate information and advice to the public, registered services and individual members of the NPA
- Contribute a parental perspective to the work of the NPA