Main contact:Jeanette Smith - Co-ordinating Manager (0-3)
Telephone number:01926 413737
Address:Integrated Disability Service
Other staff contacts:
Judith Gurden, Administrator
External website linkWarwickshire Early Years web page
Local Offer WebsiteLocal Offer webpage
Service Information LeafletsWarwickshire Portage Service Leaflet Warwickshire Portage Partnership Leaflet Warwickshire Portage Referral form
The Warwickshire Birth to Three Portage service is a jointly funded (NHS & WCC Teaching & Learning) county wide home visiting educational service for Pre-School children aged 0-3. To access the service children should have a significant delay in two or more areas of their development.
We are a team of highly skilled Portage trained Child Development Advisers with qualifications in Early Years and Special Educational Needs.
We visit children in their home, helping them to learn new skills through play.
Our 1 hour visits are fortnightly/monthly dependent on need. In that time we will:
- work together with the family to carry out a baseline assessment;
- set individual targets to support the child’s development and review on a regular basis;
- offer advice and guidance re: Stay & Play groups/pre-school settings; support two year funded placements;
- provide information for multidisciplinary assessments/placement panel, etc;
- signpost to local and national support groups;
- facilitate opportunities for parents/carers to meet;
- liaise with all professionals involved with the child;
- support the child’s transition into pre-school, observe/share targets with staff;
- take on the role of Early Support Lead Professional when needed;
- arrange/attend Review, Early Support, CAF, Safeguarding Meetings as required;
- offer Stay & Play/Parent Support groups, Baby Massage, Baby Signing;
- provide opportunities for families to come together e.g. picnics, Christmas parties, trips to the farm.
With parental permission, referrals can be made by all services within IDS, Paediatricians, Health Visitors, Speech & Language and Physiotherapists. We also accept referrals directly from parents/carers.