This is a one-day course delivered by a NPA Accredited Trainer. It is suitable for Portage Home Visitors and Early Years Practitioners who have previously completed a Portage Workshop.
The course aims to:
- Explore what is meant by the term ‘profound and multiple learning difficulties’
- Explain the terms: calm-alert state, over-responsive and under-responsive in relation to pre-requisites for learning
- Explain why implementing a small steps sensory programme is particularly important for children with PMLD needs
- Describe how to implement a small steps sensory approach as part of an holistic assessment
- Identify, plan and feel confident to implement a small steps sensory programme
How do I attend this course?
Portage CPD courses are usually organised and administered by NPA Regional Trustees and/or Registered Portage Services who make arrangements through the NPA office.
The PMLD module is available to buy in as a one-day course delivered by a NPA Accredited Trainer at a cost of £1500. Portage Services and/or Early Years Providers can purchase the training from the NPA as part of their professional development offer for practitioners.
Further information on costs and procedures can be found on the Portage Curriculum Modules page.